Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Saint Arnold: Divine Reserve 12

Oh Saint Arnold, how I love thee. Let me count the ways... well, I would count to 12, but this is the first one I've actually had the opportunity to enjoy.

Eye: The shade of red reminds me of a red panda. A very warm color. Absolutely no head or foam.

Nose: MALTY! Oh, the glorious malts on the nose are strong but mellow, very round. There is also something roasted in the aroma.

Mouth: I was actually surprised by the sharp edge on the palate, but I'm sure it is thanks to the high alcohol content (10%). There is a nice, rich depth. The flavor profile reminds me of the Oktoberfest style, which is my favorite style. There is a slightly orange zest flavor as well. This beer is recommended to age, and I think that will really mellow it out. We've got a few bottles, so I'm looking forward to enjoying them over an extended period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment