Saturday, December 3, 2011

Karbach Weisse Versa



At a recent visit to Flying Saucer I had the opportunity to sample Karbach Weisse Versa, "a cross between a Belgian-Style Wit and a German Hefeweizen". I enjoy wheat beers, and I respect complex beers, so I was looking forward to it. As I didn't care for Karbach's Sympathy for the Lager, I was really hoping to enjoy this next brew.


I definitely enjoyed it more, though I wouldn't say I loved it. The color, like most wheat beers, had a slight orange tint. The nose was a little sharper than I expected, though it didn't put me off. I smelled a little bit of citrus. The palate was like most wheat beers, though not as mellow as some. The blending of the Belgian style and the German style definitely kept this beer from being predictable or typical, which was fun.


I expect I will try this again (after Hunter comes along). I look forward to trying more from Karbach, especially the very popular "Yule Shoot Your Eye Out" Christmas brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment