Saturday, December 3, 2011

Karbach Sympathy for the Lager



Hubby and I like to head to our local pizzeria (Locatelli's) on Sunday nights for amazing pizza and wonderful beer selections. It is a small beer menu but full of craft beers, especially locals. On our most recent visit we discovered a few beers from Karbach, Houston's newest craft brewery. We adore Saint Arnold, so we were thrilled to find a new local brew.


I ordered a sample of the Sympathy for the Lager. As I remember, the nose was very sharp with a hoppy aroma, which didn't bode well for me. The palate was equally sharp, slicing across my tongue with a clean finish. I often enjoy lagers, but this one overshot for me personally. Karbach blended "pale malts with a generous amount of German noble hops", which gave the brew a punch that hit me a bit too hard.


I left feeling eager to try Karbach's other offerings, but not likely to repeat this brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment